Refreshing, nutritious, and delicious dish for hot summer days.
This vegetarian soup of Easter European origin is super quick and easy to make! Enjoy!
3 baby beets, with greens if possible
1 cucumber, peeled and grated
5 radishes, grated
2 tbsp of fresh dill, chopped
1 green onion (bulb and greens), chopped
500ml of plain yoghurt
salt and pepper, to taste
2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Remove and chop the beet stems. Add them to a large soup pot.
- Peel and grate the beets themselves. Add them to the pot.
- Add enough water just to cover the beets. Salt it lightly.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until tender. Then, cool the mixture.
- Add cucumbers, radishes, dill, green onion, and yoghurt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill and serve with a hard-boiled egg.