Risotto – a slightly different way of cooking rice to make it richer in flavour!
Add chicken, vegetables, and spices to create a nutritious and very aromatic dinner.
300g chicken thigh fillet
150g risotto rice
200g canned tomatoes
100g canned green peas
250ml chicken stock
1 small onion
1 red pepper
1 clove of garlic
30ml olive oil
Seasonings: salt, pepper, sweet and hot paprika
1. Heat some olive oil in a large deep frying pan. Add diced fillets and season them with pepper and salt. Fry for a few minutes until lightly browned. Remove the meat from the pan and set it aside on a plate.
2. Add more olive oil to the pan. Throw in a diced onion and caramelise it. Add tomatoes and diced peppers. Fry for a few minutes.
3. Add rice, pour in the stock, and add spices.
4. Add the pre-fried pieces of meat, chopped leek, green peas, and minced garlic.
5. Bring to boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes.